Monday, February 1, 2010

Finishing Grad School

I dropped out of high school two months or so before graduation. Right now, being a grad student feels like... I'm in the ninth round in a Heavy weight pro-boxing match.

I've committed to make the best out of these last two months before my April thesis deadlines by finishing my first collection of short stories:

Focus, Courage, Orientation: Stories for Ski bums and River Guides.

I am also training for a Mongolia Expedition at least five days a week: skiing (all types), and mixing in some cross training: ice climbing, rock climbing, and Crossfit (TM) training, yoga, CobraBalance (TM). Today I'll be skiing with a loaded pack. The goal is 50lbs.

Right now, Monday Morning at Blue Moon Café, Nederland, CO, I am drinking tea in high style. Rosebuds flavor my tea. I'll be skiing, writing, and, just to maintain the glamourous cliché of starving artist, waitressing in an exotic red restaurant where people really do speak Nepali.

Find out more about the Mongolian ski mountaineering project here!


No comments: