Thursday, February 4, 2010

So, winter hasn't quite lived up to my early season expectations. It's been dry and the little snowpack we have is sketchy. To archive my optimism, I've saved the below preface to the Write-Wild blog from the opening of the ski season.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Woha there! Three feet of snow brewed up on Nederland Halloween, starting off the 2009 ski season with a bang.

My bones are predicting the "Winter of Ned..." I can feel snow in the air. Ski conditioning began early this fall with several CobraBalance Snowsport Conditioning sessions. Climber's pull-up grips hang above my staircase. I dream of a season with 100m wide underfoot, but before I float on water-ski fatties, my most practical pair of skis: the 190's will transport me on daily jaunts along the Jenny Creek Trails.

Newsflash: An X-Ray reveals screws in my bionic knee. Learn more about how the doc will use his screw driver! Check out ski journalism at its finest y'all... RIGHT HERE.

Wooden skis.
Active bindings.
Adrenaline Rushes.
Hot Ski Patrollers.
Ice Skier Symphonic Bliss and Other Music Mixes.
Ski Lifetsyle: It's in the Family.
East Coaster Gets Schooled.
Rocky Mountain Medicinals and Ski Town Follies: Driggs, Idaho to Nederland, Colorado
The Migrational Seasons of Gypsies: Whitewater to Whitesnow
ACL Injury Prevention and Repair

No comments: